If there was one nut that you should eat religiously, it would be the pistachio.
These Iranian-native nuts are one of the oldest nuts consumed in the world.
Pistachios are available today in various forms such as shelled, unshelled (kernels), sweetened or salted. At Pestacio, we carry Shamsi roast (lemon & sea salt), Akbari (lemon & salt), and Saffron roast, among the usual salted and unsalted pistachios.
Pistachios are best stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place to maintain freshness.
These nuts contain the lowest amount of calories, highest amount of protein; and lowest amount of fat.
- They decrease the amount of bad (LDL) cholesterol
- Help with weight management
- Eliminates dryness in skin
- Good source of fibre
- Reduces age-related macular disease
- Greatly influences sexual vitality in men
- Contains many antioxidants
- High copper content which helps iron
Have you ever tried Pistachio pie? Give it a try here and let us know how it tastes!
We’re looking forward to seeing you soon.